Monday, August 13, 2007

You can't have too much of a good thing

One clappy just wasn't enough - which is odd for me, because generally I'm not fond of knitting the same pattern twice - I mean, I have done it, but usually only for fairly small things. But another clappy was calling to me, and I saw someone (can't remember who, but it was a blogger!) did a clappy in laceweight, and I thought that would be perfect! Especially for the ridiculously mild winters in Sydney.
So a laceweight clappy has been started, using some of the Kaalund Classic Two (colourway Bushfire - what a perfect name for this colourway - it's the one on the left above) purchased at the recent Craft Fair. This will take a little longer no doubt but that's ok, I can live with that! I also figure it is one project where it doesn't matter so much that both skeins, despite being the same colourway and dyelot, don't actually match!!

You can see a photo of the WIP here (can't work out how to post a photo from Flickr. Am clearly a Flickr moron!)

13 comments:

Bells said...

stunning. Just stunning. I loved it when I saw it up close and I love it in photos. Beautiful.

You have GREAT taste in yarn RR!

Linda said...

Very nice too! It's going to be a claptastic clapotis!!!

amy said...

Oh, that's beautiful yarn. I thought so just from the picture of the skeins. I'm googling that company next.

Knitty Bug said...

Hey RR,
Your lace clappy is beautiful, I luv the colours :) :)

Diana said...

It's going to be great and a perfect choice for those slightly umatching skeins!! I have yet to knit a Clapotis!

Anonymous said...

Those colors are knitting up SO nicely!

J3SS said...

hi! try this: post photo to blogger from flickr

cheers!

J3SS said...

there's also this: upload to blog via email, which I use to upload photos to my blog from my mobile phone, but which you can use from any email address.

Snoozen said...

Wow, even though I have seen your images in your blogs previously, seeing them together shows an amazing array of finished items. How rewarding to be able to view them when you are having a down day and think I made those gorgeous items.

Anonymous said...

J, I just upload the photo from my laptop to Flickr, then to my blog, then I link to it from the blog (to Flickr).

Ok, I've even confused myself now...

Georgie said...

Im sure its been said before, but does this make you..wait for it... clappy happy??? HAHAHAHAHA, I crack me up. sorry about that!

I love that Kaalund, beautiful.

Denise said...

Beautiful colours, there, RoseRed, but I'd expect no less from you :)

amanda j said...

I think I have yarn envy. And clap envy. You might start another clap attack!