Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's all downhill from here (hopefully...)

Thought I should give you a quick update on my Tour de France project, since le Tour finishes this Sunday night (or really, early Monday morning our time!). 

Just to prove that I have been knitting on it in every spare moment (mostly Connor's nap times!):
It's been enjoyable - I have been having a dream run, much like Cadel Evans (fingers crossed his continues to the end and the yellow jersey!), although I must admit that I am hankering to start something new right now.  But I shall not, as I'm so close to the end - I think - this is one of those knits that does not seem to grow at all for days, no matter how much you knit on it, then all of a sudden it is half way done, then three quarters done etc.

So I'm hoping that on Sunday I will wake up and find it has magically kitchener grafted itself together overnight!!  I am not looking forward to 136 stitches of grafting!

19 comments:

jp said...

You are so close.

Hopefully there will be something exciting on to spur on the kitchener.

Go Cadel!
Go RoseRed!

DrK said...

oh so close now, a couple more climbs and then you'll be swanning down the Champs d'Elysee in your glorious noro knitted skirt! its looking amazing, cant wait to see it on.

Bells said...

lovely work! I love that magic of something seeming to not grow and then BAM!

It's your hill climb, that kitchener stitch really, don't you think?

Yarna said...

Fantastic effort - worthy of TdeF champion!

LynS said...

Gosh you've done well. I almost can't bear to watch the TdeF at the moment for fear something is going to go wrong for Cadel - seems almost too good to be true so far. A great combination of persistence and strategy - just like....your skirt! Really looking forward to seeing it complete.

Lynne said...

Oooo, I wish you well. I am intrigued...

DrK said...

oh and no smarty pants comments from anyone about my spelling of the champs elysee. i dont know where that extra d' came from!!

mooncalf said...

I think you might need some very boring tv so you don't get distracted in the middle of your kitchenering.

The colours are beautiful!

Leonie said...

It's looking very stylish with those colours. The finished product will be worth it no doubt :-)

2paw said...

Good luck, it's looking fabulous and you are so close to the end now. I quite like grafting stitches once I get into the rhythm!!

roxie said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! Hope to see you model it soon. Yay Red! Whoopwhoop! Go! Go! Go!

Mereknits said...

It's looking great, don't stop. Beleive me I want Cadel Evans to win, too!
Have a great day,
Meredith

Snoozen said...

Looks excellent love the colours!

Sarah said...

You're clearly an ace descender! Good going - and bonne chance for Sunday for you and Cadel - I think this might be his year :)

tina said...

Just popping a comment----- saw your comments on Mereknits and wanted to tell you (after the prompt there) that I DO read you, and I think maybe never comment. So here I am. :) May the kitchner fairies visit you soon and do good work!!

Michelle said...

It's looking just STUNNING. Those yarns look great together. Two nights to go! So exciting! Go Cadel.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a suitable Gold jacket for when you cross the Kitchener finish line? Looks great and the stitching up will be 'forgotten' with the wearing.

Ann said...

Looks great & the colors are gorgeous. I am sure you will be done in no time.

Campfire said...

Vive le Tour de France! I've been watching when I can.

Would you believe that I used to race with Boardman's mother in the 60s???????? I'm THAT old. His Dad, Keith, still has the odd race and raced in a memorial race last year commemorating the cycling cartoonist Johnny Helms.

Lovely knitting.