Thursday, March 01, 2007

New books

Mmmm I love the smell of new books. So crisp and fresh and full of promise. Especially new knitting books. I can't remember the last time I bought a new novel but I remember the last few (well ok, quite a few) knitting books I've bought. And the ones I haven't yet bought...


This is my haul from New York - mostly Barnes & Noble or yarn stores. They were, I suspect, the main reason why our suitcases were so close to being overweight on the return trip (because we all know that shoes and yarn are light, right!)

Yarn Harlot - always so funny. Gets it right every time, a constant funny inspiration.

Nancy Bush - what a sock genius. Can't wait to cast on almost every pair in Knitting on the Road. One day I may even try a colourwork sock from Folk Socks.

Victorian Lace Today is just a beautiful beautiful book - some lovely photography in grand English gardens - I really do like a nice topiary with statuary!

Mason-Dixon - also hilarious and some really good patterns. I never thought I'd knit a dishcloth but now I'm itching too. I also was this close to buying some Louet linen to make the slllllinky nightie. One day...

Folk Shawls - perhaps not as many must make patterns as I thought would be but a good history of shawls and various traditions in making them.

And finally, the winter 06/07 Vogue Knitting with the (in)famous capecho on the cover (which I'd still like to make notwithstanding the apparent difficulties others have in getting the pattern to actually look like the cover shot) and some other lovely patterns too; and the Summer 2004 Interweave Knits, which is "sold out" on Interweave's website but which contains the pattern for Madli's shawl which I've been dying to make ever since I saw it here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See - I'm loving the capecho too - but don't want a huge one.

Hmmm, new books huh? Who WASN'T exercising constraint?

Stephanie said...

Great book picks!

I LOVE the Nancy Bush book --- great patterns.

I'm getting close to diving into the color-work-world too...2007 may be the year!

Anonymous said...

Nice book haul! I love the Victorian Lace, too--so many beautiful projects to make.

Linda said...

Very nice books! I have this bad habit of only looking at the pictures and not reading them so you have inspired me to get reading. Sorry about the frogged top, it is anoying when that happens.

Michelle said...

What a great haul! I have the Nancy Bush, Yarn Harlot and Mason Dixon books, and I adore all three. Is Victorian Lace today all that people say it is? If so, it has joined my 'buy it!' list.