Tuesday, December 04, 2007

SHOESday: Red shoes for Christmas shopping

I cannot deny it, the festive season is now upon us. With that in mind, I've decided that December is all about Red. Red red red red red. You can, clearly, never have too many red shoes. And so I aim to prove this by showing you a red shoe for every ocassion.

Starting with Christmas shopping. Unless you are one of those very efficient people who starts next year's Christmas shopping at this year's post Christmas sales, and continues it on through the year until you hit December, proud at your already bursting at the seams Gifts Cupboard (actually, do those people really exist?), you are going to need a good pair of comfortable yet stylish shoes for the inevitable expedition(s) to the shops.

(see, here they are chucked off my feet from shopping on weekend!)

For me, these are perfect - the meet the 4C requirements expected of a shoe for the shopping trip - classic, casual, cute and comfortable. Oh, and they are red, both on the outside and the inside. Can't get better than that!And for those who think I only have pointy toed high heel shoes - check it out - square toe and flat sole!I bought these in New York in January, from Bergdorf Goodman. I wish I'd bought two pairs (at least!).

Next week: Formal Christmas Party shoes

12 comments:

Bells said...

these look right up my alley! They would meet all my own requirements too. Love the toe - and they look like they're a soft leather, am I right? Cute. Very cute.

amy said...

Those are too cute. But Christmas shopping in cute little flats here might lead to slipping on ice or even ruining the cute little flats in a snowdrift. :-) I am trying to wrap my mind around Christmas in summer. I think I'm going to need pictures...

TinkingBell said...

Red and pretty and very right for Christmas shopping - or coffee and cake - or a little stroll - Nicceeee!!

Alwen said...

Yeah, I have a similar pair in butterscotch that I wore for years. They might even still survive on my closet shelf if the mice have not gotten them.

But salted slush is death on cute shoe leather, *sigh*

Michele said...

yup those look like shop til you drop shoes. happy shopping!

Snoozen said...

They look like good dorothy shoes, just click your heels and away you go, (now to the tune of the wizrd of Oz) your off to do the shopping, the wonderful world of shopping, because because because, because!

kgirlknits said...

cute! good luck Christmas shopping...

catsmum said...

1.yes I do start christmas shopping in January
2. cute cute cute shoes
3. I wore the red version of the sandolls irish dancing shoes [ remember the black pair?] today but alas no shoesday photos cos the chrissy decos post was already too picture heavy ... but they're way cute.
4. cute cute cute shoes - now I know technically that's the same as point 2 but it was so important I thought it was worth saying twice

Andy said...

YAY! RED shoes!

librarylass said...

I must confess I love looking at your shoesday posts (does that make me a closet shoe pervert??). But these shoes I want to clone, like... now!

That and your Manolos...

Anonymous said...

Perfect shopping shoes! And gorgeous to boot.

Anonymous said...

those are really cute!