But alas and alack, I was this close to finishing, and I ran out of yarn. Gah!! Seriously, I had less than 1/4 of the scarf to crochet around (the pattern has you do a row of half-trebles around the entire scarf to finish it off). I reckon I probably only needed 5 or 10 grams of yarn to finish.
I posted on Ravelry to see if anyone had some leftover, but I got no takers - until Ailsa so very very kindly offered to buy a ball for me at her LYS (heh, any excuse for a visit to the LYS!). As soon as it arrived today, I sat down and finished the scarf! (one might think I was looking for an excuse to have a rest from packing...)
Pattern: Boteh Scarf by Kathy Merrick, Interweave Crochet Spring 2007. I love this pattern - it's really easy and looks great I think - a very cool, modern crochet pattern.
Yarn: Cleckheaton Bamboo #57 burnt orange, 3 x 50g balls - plus another 8g for the final bit of the edging! This is a really nice 4ply/fingering weight 100% bamboo yarn - it's sort of a woven construction, so not splitty, but oh so drapey - really very lovely to work with.
Hook: I used a vintage bone hook, about a 4mm equivalent.
Time: 24 October 2008 - 11 December 2008. It only took this long because I had a bit of a gap in November when I didn't work on it. Otherwise, it's very quick!
Big thanks to Ailsa, and also for the little hank of Optim she added - she posted about it a while ago and I asked what it was like - and now I know - it's so lovely!!