Thursday, December 21, 2006

Crochet edge handkerchief

Earlier this year, while our new laundry was being built (and our old demolished), I took the washing to my mother-in-law's to put through her machine. I have a lot of crochet edge handkerchiefs, some made by me but most given to me by my mum - she doesn't use them and knew I like them so gifted them to me (I know, I know, it's a bit grandma-ish, but I like them - dainty and elegant, I think). My mil loved them and said all she wanted for Christmas was a handkerchief of her own (we didn't listen - there are other gifts too!)

But how could I disappoint her?

I used an Irish linen handkerchief, I'm not entirely sure but I may have actually purchased this in Ireland! They really are the best handkerchiefs!

Details:

Thread: DMC number 20 crochet cotton, white

Hook: 1.25mm steel hook, well-used - I think I need a new one

Pattern: Myart edge 125 from Myart's Crochet Edge Designs, Book 2 - it's a nice easy one, very quick as it is mostly chain loops - not too fussy or big, but big enough to be noticed!

Time: 13 December - 19 December

9 comments:

Donna said...

You've done a beautiful job! I'm sure she'll love it.

del said...

How lovely! And not at all grandma-ish...I love dainty things like this.

Little jenny wren said...

They look beautiful. I love good hankies too but I don't have many with a crocheted edge.
Jenny

Jo said...

Those hankies are very pretty. I'm sure your m-i-l will love them!!!

Nora said...

Beautiful - dainty and elegant. x

jacqui said...

They are lovely. I wish I could crochet!

catsmum said...

do you realise how LUCKY you are to have a MIL [ well any in-law really ] who appreciates hand made ?
The family I married into 30 yrs ago believes money is the best present so therefore I must be really really poor because I'm the weirdo that makes stuff. They certainly don't get the fact that often the supplies alone cost as much as the present I would've bought.
I gave up wasting my time and energy on them a LONG time ago.

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful gift --- what a lucky Mother-In-Law!

Nice work!

Blaze said...

things to see in chicago

things to see in chicago

french patio doors

eggplant recipes

bed and breakfast newyork

laser hair removal in phoenix

weight conversion

mesas

unfinished wood furniture