Sunday, November 01, 2009

Keeping Track - October 2009

You know, I really thought I was going to be good this month, I had such good intentions. Well, you know what they say about good intentions - road to hell and all.

It started with the Stash Reallocation afternoon tea. Yes, I planned just to get rid of stuff, not bring stuff home...oh well. I did get rid of 4 x 50g balls - and only brought home the equivalent of 6 x 50g balls - so not too bad, really. Couldn't pass up Rowan All Seasons Cotton and Heirloom BabySilk.
And then Ecoyarns had to go and have a sale - 75% off SWTC Yin - this is a lovely yarn, a blend of wool, bamboo and silk. The lovely Ms 2Paw had given me a precious skein earlier this year, and so the chance to add to it, to make enough for a garment - at 75% off (did I mention that already?) was too good to pass up. So now I have 9 lovely skeins - it's an 8ply (DK) with a generous 150m (165 yd) per skein.
Finally, I had to buy yarn to make the crochet cable blanket - it's done in cotton, which I don't tend to stash (well, except for dishcloth cotton), so clearly I had to buy some! And crochet eats a lot of yarn, so I had to buy quite a bit! Six big 150g balls!
Best get knitting and crocheting, hadn't I!
Oh yeah, and this:
In: 32 x 50g balls!
Out: 10.5 x 50g balls
YTD: 197 x 50g balls...um, that's nearly 10kg of yarn I've added to the stash this year...oh dear.

15 comments:

Bells said...

so much red goodness! I've never seen Heirloom Baby silk. I am most intrigued.

Susanne said...

You've done well! I've been a bit naughty this month too, quite a bit added to the stash, oops.

I look forward to seeing what you make with the Ecoyarns.

Lynne said...

All the better for knitting choice my dear! tee-hee!

LynS said...

But it's all such useful yarn...and so red. All excellent acquisitions.

roxie said...

I would say it's that natural instinct to lay in supplies for the winter, but I don't think you can get away with that one right now. It's just the maternal feathering of the nest. And you'll probably want to clean the whole house right before you go into labor.

Donna Lee said...

Um, you're stashing for two?

Anonymous said...

Ah, good for you! I'm just impressed that you keep such good track of it all.

2paw said...

Oh, so much red!! What bargains you snapped up, I am pretty sure that a sale doesn't really count!!!

Caffeine Girl said...

I admire you for being willing to do the math. I fall into the school that believes ignorance is bliss!

TinkingBell said...

How good you have been!
I thought this would be a good month - but when I add it all up....not so good - will confess later!
And of course - the Peapod looks lovely _ printed it out, but neglected to download, so now I will have to look for it.....

MadMad said...

How could you have passed it all up, though? It all sounds quite reasonable to me! (Thanks for posting - I was going through blogtoberfest withdrawal!)

Kate said...

Don't worry, dearheart. We all have off days. Months. Years....

Ann said...

Nice yarn. I have been trying to be good & save up for my trip to Melbourne & Bendigo in December.

Michelle said...

I always say if it's red (or orange or black or Wollmeise) it doesn't count towards the stash acquisition.

Linda said...

Whoops! I just had a whoops moment with fibre and need to go and find room in the over flowing box now!