Tuesday, July 08, 2008

SHOESday: Prizes!

Hmmm, do you think I've got enough red shoes?I wonder how many shoes I've got all together?

Thanks everyone for your guesses for my little blogthday competition! While I'd love to say I had 150 pairs, or even 117, or even 91, it's fewer than that ... although I did try Michele's suggestion with husby, telling him that because I don't have at least 200 pairs of shoes I'm letting the side down. His response: "what side?". Hmpf, that kinda got me and so I pathetically responded: "the side that wants me to have lots of shoes...?".

I'm not entirely sure he was convinced...

Oh well, onto the winners! No-one got the exact number, but there were some who were very close!

Aussies:
-closest guess - Jen - let me know if you'd prefer the Fleece Artist sea wool sock yarn (Blackberry, 1 x 100g skein) or the Regia silk sock yarn (Burgundy, 2 x 50g balls) (both of which of course can be used for other things - I've seen the Regia silk used for a beautiful shawl, for example!)

-random draw - Sue (you get the other!)

Overseasians:
-closest guess - Queen of the Froggers - let me know if you'd like the Kaalund Classic Two, which is a laceweight but which I've seen knitted double to make the softest scarf (colour Poinsettia, 2 x 50g balls) or the Woolganic 100% organic Australian wool in Chilli (8ply/DK weight, 2 x 50g balls)

-random draw - Terhi (you get the other!)
(please email me with preferences and addresses! my email address is in the sidebar, or you can contact me on Ravelry - I'm RoseRed!)

Thanks everyone for entering!! It did finally make me count my shoes ... and think that it's about time some of them were retired to the great garbage bin in the back yard ... although I might flash some of the old faithfuls before that happens!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sight of all your red shoes gladdens my green shoe heart: a fellow(and there isn't a proper sounding feminine word to use is there?) coloured shoe enthusiast!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of all of your red shoes! Congrats to all of the winners.

Anonymous said...

I notice ACTUAL number of shoes owned was not mentioned!

Good try with "the side that wants me to have lots of shoes." Heh.

lilypotter said...

I'm curious, though... what's the grand total? C'mon, 'fess up!

Linda said...

Thats great that I won! Thank you :) I think I will choose the Kaalund, it sound lovely. I love your decking, what do you treat it with? Ours is painted and I have to re-do it so often. Lots of red shoes, fab!

Sarah said...

Love the photo but what about the whole collection? At least tell how many!

Shazmina Bendi said...

The photo is great (you look fabo!) LOVE all the shoes, don't worry about husby keep on buying gorgeous shoes!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo, how many pairs of shoes is it lovey?? :) [Gorgeous photo, btw. :)]

Jen said...

Wow, I'm amazed at my luck! I mean, very cleverly worked out guess. :)

Thank you so much for your generosity. After much deliberation I choose the Blackberry Fleece Artist wool!

And, by the way, I love your red shoes. I need to get more red shoes myself.

Carol said...

Oh my goodness, all those red shoes, not to mention all your others you've shown too. Would it stun and astound you to know I have probably got only I'd say 10 pair of shoes in the bottom of my wardrobe. That's in total. Including sneakers! LOL

Michele said...

hummmm - i can see husby and i need to have a little chat - okay kidding - those red friends do look beautiful all on display together. did i miss the post with the red suede pumps with bows? they are lovely.

Snoozen said...

I do hope you are going to provide a group shot at the end.

Congrats to the winners.

DrK said...

i thought more than 60 was not really possible, but then i see here just the red ones, and realise how inadequate was my guess of 49. given that jen guessed 82, im thinking you have a few more than a years worth?! great photo by the way. i dont really see any there you could part with....

Anonymous said...

I am SURE you said you didn't have quite enough for a years worth! Hrmph! I had to go back to your old post and go through the 1000000's of comments to find Jen's guess.

MY favourites are the first ones on the middle step. ;)

BettyBoop53 said...

Okay, I love the red shoes. Believe it or not I do not own one red pair of shoes. I don't know what I am waiting for. I decided one of my New Year's resolutions would be to own a lovely pair of red shoes. So far, what I hungered for the stores do not have in my size or preferred style. I didn't know red shoes were so popular until I tried to buy a pair. Apparently you have the secret to buying red shoes.

MadMad said...

I love that picture! But hey - what's exact the grand total then?

Bells said...

that is the BEST photo!!!

Kate said...

Nope, a girl can never have too many pairs of red shoes. I started Til's red shoe awareness campaign yesterday and shall ensure that her first pair of walking shoes are bright red... as soon as she's walking!