Thursday, July 27, 2006

Jaeger purple skinny scarf


Had one 50g ball of this fantastic but sadly discontinued silk in purple which limits the options somewhat in terms of what can be made - so thought a skinny scarf would get the most mileage.

Jaeger purple skinny scarf
Yarn: Jaeger silk 4ply, 1x50g ball
Sticks: 4mm bamboo
Time: started in April 2006, finished in early June 2006 - in between a heap of other projects
Pattern: customised a vintage glove pattern from Jane Waller's A Stitch in Time (published in the 70s) - picked up the pattern (a 12 row repeat) but had to experiment a few times to get the edging right - lots of ripping back and starting again (and I hate that) but I'm pretty happy with the end result - a good length (nearly 2m) and the right level of skinniness!

Now I have two balls of this silk in a beautiful deep red which I have to decide what to do with...I'm thinking a crochet scarf with circles joined by chain strings at random intervals. Will sketch it out and see how it looks...

2 comments:

Corrie said...

ohhh it looks lovely! I love jaeger silk, I have some of it still and use it for baby knits which is so soft but might use a ball for a scarf now I've seen yours, stunning!

Rosa said...

That is a gorgeous pattern. Wow!