Sunday, June 10, 2007

Representing

Despite the appalling weather we've been having in Sydney, 4 brave souls ventured out yesterday to meet up (for the first time, in my case) and do a little knitting - in public - because that's what yesterday was for. And also for having lots of coffees (and/or chai lattes).

And admiring of boots (see, I do have rose red shoes!!)

And chatting, flashing of knitting, discussing of sticks, yarn, yarn stores, shopping, wedding planning, and and and...We stayed for so long they had to kick us out so they could close up! While we were sitting there an older lady came up to us (as she was leaving) and asked about our knitting - we'd been talking earlier about when we knit on the bus, and no-one ever asks about it or says anything. So it was nice, but also a bit weird, to actually have someone say something to us.


Thanks for a great afternoon Nora, Shaz and BrownPants! And Nora for the photos (you might see them on all of our blogs!). It was fabulous to meet you all in person, rather than virtually!

edited to add: photo credits - pics by BrownPants (chai latte) and Nora (boot!) on Nora's camera!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've made it!

Anonymous said...

I was there too - in spirit - but 70kms away - cosy in my house....sorry I didn't brave the worst storm in 30 years. Spineless - I know.

Amy said...

I was there in spirit? Only about 9,500 miles away, I reckon. :-D It looks like it was a fun time!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely meeting you too - although it felt like I already knew you and we were merely "catching up"!

D & D - don't worry, there will be many more Saturday afternoons like this one.

Bells said...

trust me, I'd have been there if I could. LOVE those boots!

Georgie said...

Good effort to wave the banner in what sounds like such awful weather.

LOVE those boots RR - serious coveting material!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun, even getting asked to leave! LOL

Linda said...

That sounds like a great time! Lucky you. And I do rather like your boots!

Kathleen said...

Glad you are all getting the rain, but at the expense of lives! Yikes! NO! Knitting out in California USA on knit out in public day. I have heaps of family and friends in the Sydney area and always looking for more friends to meet when I go for a visit again soon. New to blogging.
kwc-adventures.blogspot.com
take care Kathleen

BrownPants said...

Oh god I want another one just looking at them! Arrrrrrr!
(PS I finally got those fricken gloves cast one, one and a half done. I'll have show and tell next time :)

Anonymous said...

oh it sounds like you had so much fun. lovely pictures too jane.

Anonymous said...

Just lurve your red boots Wicked J

Have a look a this blog. She has more red shoes than you (I did not think this was possible). You may have to scroll down a bit

http://shoeobsessedone.blogspot.com

Still think you should put up a better photo of your wedding shoes.