Sunday, March 30, 2008

a Kooltime was had by all!

Lovely knitblogging weekend...

Along with BrownPants, SadieandLance and a bunch of other friends, Friday night formally farewelled the lovely Shazmina Bendi who is going to live in London for a year...or two...and then meet Lord Looks-like-Mr-Darcy and move to live in his castle in Wales right near Colinette. As Shazmina is a huge Elvis fan, the venue was Elvis Pizza on Bayswater Road at Rushcutter's Bay. All you can eat pizza, pasta, salad and garlic bread, followed by a live Elvis show. Just make sure you finish your pizza quick smart because Elvis is the pizza cook! (or something...) It was TOPS!

Saturday the lovely Bells came to Sydney to visit, so we made a day of it and caught up with Shazmina and BrownPants again (boy, I was just a bit seedy...oh dear), Nora and Donni. We bought buttons, had many coffees (and in my case, a bacon and egg roll for lunch...mmmm hangover food) and had a great chat.

Home so Bells and I could exchange our anniversary gifts (why yes, we are a pair of gumbies!). Here is my loot:
A rose red tea cup! A red metal bucket/yarn container! Cookie cutters! and mmmmmmmmmMalabrigo! Two skeins in Sealing Wax...you can only see one, because after our dinner on Saturday night, Bells and I had a Kooltime Kasting on our Koolhaases using our Kmalabrigo (Bells' is Vermillion, mine is Sealing Wax)! In fact, Bells enjoyed it so much, she ended up casting on 3 times (whoops...)Lovely lovely weekend, thanks Bells and Donni for driving up to Sydney to visit, thanks Bells for lovely gifts and WILL MISS YOU SHAZMINA! Good luck lovey, you will have the best time and I am very envious of you!

11 comments:

Bells said...

oh nice record of the weekend! I just posted mine, too!

Love coming to visit. Will do it again!

Michelle said...

Oh my! Those reds are lovely! Where do I get me this Malabrigo creature?

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! Good friends, good yarn... You didn't even mention that incredible button shop Bells showed us. Wowza!

SadieandLance said...

Mmmmmmore Mmmmmmalabrigo?! You are a lucky girl! So did you buy any buttons???

Sarah said...

Your gang has so much fun I'm jealous!

Also jealous of those hats - fab reds.

Linda said...

What a great time you must have had, the red yarn is fabulous!

Denise said...

What a fabulous weekend!!

Rachael Elswyk said...

I have a skein of malabrigo in sealing wax too. Only it's currently a family pet.

Sounds like a great weekend too!

MadMad said...

That is a great weekend! I have plans for that pattern, too - though it started to get warm here, and I decided I might have to wait for fall; you'll have to let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Wwe did have a great time didn't we? :) And Shaz will truly be missed.

Shazmina Bendi said...

Finally have time to read blogs and come across this one. YOU ARE TOPS!! Love all the red and the Loolhaas hat, want sooooooo badly to make it..... may be soon.....
I am going to miss you RR!!!