Tuesday, March 04, 2008

SHOESday: Got any in black?

I'm conscious that I haven't posted many black shoes for SHOESday. I know for many women that it is a truth universally acknowledged that you can never have too many pairs of black shoes. And while this is true to some extent for me, I tend to go for colour in my shoes because I go for black in my clothes.

But to begin the Black Series, I give you these:Bought on sale at David Jones at the same time as these - because, apart from really liking them, and in particular the contrast of the green with the black, I thought I probably should buy at least one pair of "sensible" shoes!!

Other things I love about these shoes - the delicate yet sturdy heel which is a good height:The matching contrast lining, the bows and the way the toe area ebbs and flows:And that they come with a red sleeping bag. What more could you ask!

10 comments:

Bells said...

I have always lived by that truth, until the last two years. I want colour now too!

And I adore how even when you go for black shoes, you still go for ones with a splash of colour. They are stunning. Love the heel.

Anonymous said...

These shoes speak to me. I love them!

Anonymous said...

Pretty shoes Wicked J. Love the green trim.

Speaking of a truth universally acknowledged, I received Persuasion (Rupert Penry-Jones) and Northhanger Abbey (Felicity Jones) in the post from Amazon UK this morning. Fed up waiting for them to be shown on TV. Want to watch them after/with me??

Bells said...

Oh I want to see both of those so much! I must order copies myself. We may never get them here.

Em said...

Love the P&P reference, that made my day. Love the shoes, too! The colors are great, but I think the heels are my favorite part--they flow down and are so well molded that they look sturdy, but not clunky. And feminine, which is always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

The green accent just sends these shoes over the top cute.

Denise said...

Oh they are darling! I love the fact that what are "sensible" shoes to you are "really fancy pants" shoes in my book :)

Jo said...

Oooooohhh, very pretty!

Michele said...

shoes with their own sleeping bag? how cute. and those are sharp shoes. love the green swirl.

Anonymous said...

Oh now, they are seriously yum.