Thursday, May 10, 2007

Am I in an alternate universe?

When I checked my mailbox last night, I wondered if I was in an alternate universe, one where the latest edition of Interweave Knits arrives perfectly on time from the US (but has, for me at least, less than inspiring patterns), and where a letter posted from Canada almost 3 weeks ago still hasn't arrived...nor have 2 letters from the US, posted about a week ago.

Is the universe conspiring against me? Have I somehow offended the gods of karma?

In an effort to try and regain whatever karma points I seem to have lost, I present you with a little hint of good things to come...

Yes, an adult sized little cables hat (sorry about the colour..."vintage" stash yarn in "electric blue" for this one...maybe that's why my letters haven't arrived - I'm being punished for the electric blue!!). I just have to fiddle a little more with the pattern (you can't tell from the picture but it is a little big) - you won't have to wait much longer!

10 comments:

Bells said...

I'm still waiting for important knitting mail too!

I like the electric blue! Who's it for?

Lynne said...

Kate (bluemountainsknits.blogspot.com) was not impressed with the latest issue of Interweave Knits either! I think that's why I don't subscribe to many magazines, although Interweave has recently become the publishers for my favourite Cloth Paper Scissors which has nothing to do with knitting but inspires me greatly!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Can you now please design a scarf using those cables? And perhaps socks?! x

Anonymous said...

PS: I think there's a couple of good sock patterns in the latest I.K, no?

Anonymous said...

Well done on the hat! :)

catsmum said...

Nuthin' wrong with that there blue. It's purty [ imagine that said in southern voice ]
Matching socks might be nice :]

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the hat!! Maybe the post gods only let the IK's that you're not impressed with show up on time ;)

Anonymous said...

that whole letter swap turned out to be a little stressful! a letter of mine is on its way to you - i hope it finds you more quickly than the other letters you're waiting on :-\

Anonymous said...

Is it possible we have the same mailman? We've 'lost' three packages we were supposed to receive in the last few months, including one full of knitting goodies from my dear mother in law. Urgh! Hope your stuff gets to you soon!

Jenny said...

I agree, I didn't like much in the latest Interweave Knits either although my daughter picked out a couple of worthy things.