Monday, May 14, 2007

It really is a small world...

I met Bells on Saturday for the first time. Over the email, and our blogs, we've already discovered many similarities or common interests between us. We discovered one more on Saturday, which I'm still giggling about.

We both had just a little (well, maybe a big) crush on the same guy, JT, when we were teenagers. And we don't mean some unobtainable rock/movie star guy (JT is not Justin Timberlake!!), but an actual real guy that we both knew! I went to school with him all through high school, while Bells met him at an Easter camp (and still sees him around Canberra from time to time!) Heh!

9 comments:

Olivia said...

that is too funny! Same taste in teenage boys, eh? He must have been HOTT.

Lynne said...

It is a small world, isn't it?
On Saturday we had a BBQ for 40 - a friend form church walked up to my former art teacher and said, "You don’t remember me, do you?" Of course, he did! She was also one of his former students, although he taught at several different locations over an extended period of time! All three of us were surprised, I had no idea that friend was interested in art, she knew I was but didn’t realise I had gone to community based lessons! He didn’t know we knew each other!

http://2hot2knit.blogspot.com/

Shazmina Bendi said...

I love that 6 degrees of seperation stuff! Sorry to have missed you guys, all is well with Princess Meena now although I was very cranky woth her on Saturday.

Stephanie said...

Great story...That is so crazy!

Bells said...

it's even weirder when you think that we lived in entirely separate towns!

Ah, we never forget the big loves, do we? Absolutely wonderful to have met you in person RR!

Georgie said...

What a hoot! Glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! :)

Tho' I'm just scratching my head at what sort of conversation thread would lead to you discovering this!

metal and knit said...

ztcThats so true about it being a small world sometimes. One girl at work who is a heap younger than me talked about one of my teachers with out saying his name I knew who she was talking about.

Melissa said...

What a small world. The bigger question is, is he still hot?