Thursday, May 03, 2007

Little cables beanies

When I saw this pattern on Claudine's blog, I just had to give it a go.
And they are so quick and easy to make that I couldn't stop at one.
With a bunch of family and friends having babies this year, I think these are the perfect little gift. I'm planning on making a few more to put in my gifts cupboard. The green one has been gifted, along with the felted box and bib o'love, to a very appreciative friend who also knits, but with baby #2 almost due and baby #1 still quite young, plus with work and you know, life, doesn't find much time to knit at the moment.

Details:
Pattern: Little Cables Hat by Claudine from Knitting Box - the little cables add a bit of interest to the hat but are still very easy to do. It's her first written up pattern and it is great - very easy to follow, nice crown shaping - thanks Claudine for sharing!
Yarn: cream hat is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino col 34005 - about 30-40g; green one is Rowan Cotton Glace col 812 Ivy. Both from stash (yay!) but not really stashbusters because they use so little yarn - unless I make about 20 of them!
Sticks: I knit a little tight, so used 3.5mm Addi dpns
Time: 2 days each - although if you had a whole day to yourself you could easily do one in a day.
What I learnt: You can never have too many little baby hats to give as gifts, or to charity - quick and easy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are VERY cute missy. How's that blue slouchy coming along.... hee hee Miss Jillyx

Bells said...

oh I saw these too and have been meaning to make one for a couple of weeks. How many hours to make one? They look so great!

Carson said...

The do look addictively quick n easy.
And I know what you mean about Name of the Rose, I must confess I kinda bleep over those bits a bit.

BrownPants said...

So Cute!

Shazmina Bendi said...

Love them! They look so warm and snuggly. Wonder how hard it would be to make an adult size????

Denise said...

Oh, so sweet! Always a sucker for cables! I'll have to check out Claudine's blog and have a go at the pattern :)

Anonymous said...

Your hats look GREAT, Jane!! I'm very glad to hear that the pattern makes sense! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweeeet!

Linda said...

They are really nice. What a great idea to have a gifts cupboard!

Stephanie said...

Just darling! The twisty cables keep it simple but so interesting.

Melissa said...

Those are soo cute! I love the little cables. I might have to try these soon.