Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Christmas and Other Projects...

I'm glad I'm not the only person with a Christmas and Other Projects schedule (I'm liking COP for short!). Of course, I am not a complete knitting freak/goddess like Carolyn, who has on her list to do between now and Christmas:
  • 2 adult sweaters
  • 1 adult tank (probably)
  • 2 child sweaters
  • 1 baby sweater
  • 5 hats
  • 2 prs socks
  • 1.5 dolls with clothes
  • 1 major adult project (sweater?)
  • 1/2 minor adult project (socks?)

She must just be a knitting machine!

I, on the other hand, have planned to do between now and Christmas:

  • 2 beanies
  • crochet bag
  • 1 cushion cover
  • 2 prs socks (1.4 socks out of the 4 done already)
  • 3/4 of a toddler dress
  • 1/2 baby cardi
  • crochet edge handkerchief

(At a very rough guess I'd say this is about 1/5 of Carolyn's list, at best!!!). On my list for mid-January (our NY trip!) is to finish husby's scarf (40% done), finish my shawl collar card (98% done) and with any luck and time, a beanie for husby, a beret for me and a scarf for me. All, of course, to be completed in the middle of summer!!!

My friend J thinks it is hilarious that I have a plan, I even have a calendar schedule on which I've planned what to cast on, when things need to be finished and what needs to be worked on every month. And I note what I do every day and cross the days off the chart. I'm going ok. COP has stopped me from starting a new, non-COP project twice so far. Let's see how long I can hold out...Ever looming deadlines have both the amazing ability to assist me in procrastinating even more (ie new projects) and for actually getting things done.

1 comment:

Sean Carter said...

enjoy your christmas and hope your sweaters fill everyone's hearts with joy. peep into this amazing Christmas Blog for some unique gift ideas.