Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm in the mood

for sharing more stuff about me (thanks Crazy Aunt Purl). Here's my four things:

Four jobs I've had:
Bunny girl - no, nothing like it sounds - I was a poker/gaming machine attendant at a sports club whose mascot was a rabbit. I guess they thought it was hilarious in, say, the 60s or 70s, to call the women (yes, they were always women) in this job a "bunny girl" - and it stuck, even in the nineties. To make it even better, our uniform included a red pill box hat. Nice.

Casual assistant in the academic dress hire dept at my University - helping out on graduation days. Loved the girls who came in with elaborate hair and couldn't keep the trencher (mortarboard) on their heads. Didn't love the wet days when the Arts students graduated (white rabbit fur hoods smell just a little unpleasant when wet).

Lawyer - 5 years was enough for me

Human resources - my current job.

Four movies I can watch over and over
(this is really going to show my age, if nothing else has already!)

Dirty Dancing
The Breakfast Club
Pride & Prejudice (the mini-series version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle)
The Sound of Music (it's a childhood thing!)

Four places I have lived
My home town, in country NSW - hot and dry and nothing to do. Good safe place to grow up though
Inner west Sydney - Newtown, St Peters and Dulwich Hill. I still live in the inner west.

Four tv shows I love to watch
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I still watch these on DVD)
The West Wing
Grey's Anatomy/Desperate Housewives (I class these as pretty much the same show really)
Project Runway/America's Next Top Supermodel (ditto)
Spicks & Specks/The Glass House (I know that makes five, but I guess Buffy isn't on telly anymore so it doesn't really count)

Four places I've been on holiday
Hayman Island and Tasmania (my honeymoon - both were fantastic!!)
London and UK generally
Singapore (oooh, Great Singapore Sale...)
Kiama (NSW) - our reasonably regular long weekend venue

Four of my favourite dishes
Thai takeaway on Friday nights - always get the same dishes from the same place - they don't know our name but send us a Christmas card every year.

Nachos - a typical Saturday lunch meal. Tacky but yum.

Creme brulee - my all-time favourite desert.

Roast - any - beef, lamb, chicken, pork (ooooh, crackling...)

Four websites I visit daily
Yahoo (mail) and eBay
A Dress A Day
Manolo's Shoeblogs
My own (compulsive checking for comments!)

Four places I would rather be right now
Knitting (anywhere!)
Hayman Island
Singapore
London

No comments: