Monday, October 02, 2006

Gotta love the long weekend


Husby and I went to Kiama for the weekend. My mum came along too. I feel very lucky that husby and mum get along very well - not a stereotypical mother-in-law/son-in-law relationship. I always feel a bit daggy when I tell people we go to Kiama (we go reasonably regularly) but we really like it - not too far from Sydney, nice beaches, close to great day-trip places (Berry, Robertson, Bowral, Kangaroo Valley, Jamberoo, Gerringong, Gerroa...etc). And more importantly, one of my best friends lives there. The pic is the view from our cabin (at the Blowhole Point) - these are quite new, not too expensive and just perfect for long weekend.

Went to Berry on Sunday - Mum and I spent at least an hour in Sew and Tell - me looking at the knitting books and yarn - they seem to have really expanded their range since I was there last - good range of the reasonably priced yarns and also Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, some Noro and some great books - I bought this. Mum saw this shawl made up and loved it so I bought this to make it for her - probably for her birthday next April, that should give me enough time I hope! (blogger won't let me post more pics! will put this in separate post...)

Took the tourist route home, through Jamberoo, Robertson, Bowral and Mittagong. Hoped to stop at Wool Addiction at Bowral (it is a lovely wool shop) but sadly closed today. I was surprised - I know it is a public holiday but Bowral was pretty full of people and I would have thought they'd do some business. But like us, everyone deserves a day off too!

Lucky the Victoria House Needlecraft shop at Mittagong was open! Yay! AND, even better - all their Rowan was 50% off! Omg! Of course, it was pretty expensive anyway, but half price was too good to pass up so I bought all this home (see above!!)

Love the colours of the Yorkshire Tweed, plan to make a baby cardi or similar with the cotton glace and not sure what I'll do with the Calmer - maybe a jumper for my nephew L. Am excited!! Lots of projects to do! Oh, and I did a good bit of knitting on the weekend too - more on that later...

No comments: