Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm not a LOSER (am I??)

The biggest excitement of my day yesterday was receiving my ball winder (eBay rocks!) and then going home and using it - even though the wool I wound was already in balls - but not CENTRE PULL FLAT BOTTOM (NO ROLL) BALL WINDER BALLS! So I had to do two of them. I don't think that makes me a loser, does it?? Now I just have to get me one of those umbrella swift thingys...



And then my second excitement of the day - starting a new project - yippee! Here is the tension square for my ribbon edged cardi (Debbie Bliss Special Knits). I went up a stick size to 3.5mm and even then it was too tight so I thought I might give wet blocking a go, and lo and behold - the right tension - hurrah! I also using some Rowan True Botany rather than the DB baby cashmerino - got to get rid of some of my stash or husby will kill me!). As is for a boy, am not going to add the ribbon edge, but might sew a little gingham ribbon on the inside of the collar and front edge, to give the navy a bit of a lift. Hope my friend likes it!


1 comment:

Carson said...

Wow,your tension is so regular and even! I'm impressed.