Thursday, August 10, 2006

JK's beanie

This is JK's beanie - JK moved back to New Zealand with her husband and kids and of course, being cold over there I thought a beanie would be a good going away present (she also scored Kanga for her kids). Nice simple pattern and quick to knit.

Pattern: Rib beanie from Patons accessories book - can't recall the name of the book but it has heaps of beanies, scarves, wraps and socks, plus some hideous headbandy things and *shudder* novelty yarn items. I shortened the length of the beanie to eliminate the turn-up and I also did kitchener graft to finish rather than drawing up into a loop, as I wanted a flat seam at the crown. Might try a 3 needle cast off if I make another one.
Sticks: 4.5mm (sized up from 4mm recommended)
Wool: Filatura di Crosa Zara, just less than 1 50g ball
Time: I think it took about a week, again in between other projects. Great easy 3x3 rib.

No comments: