Friday, August 18, 2006

Withdrawal...

I had to go to Melbourne for work for two days (yesterday and today) - and notwithstanding that it appears that in the US you can take your knitting sticks on domestic flights, you can't do it in Australia - so to avoid the hassle of checking in my overnight bag, I've gone cold turkey on the knitting. And to potentially make it worse, I'm flying directly to my mother's in the country, for the weekend, and Husby is meeting me there - if he forgets the carefully packed knitting bag (ok, the knitting bag with about 5 different projects in it) his life will barely be worth living...

As a work colleague pointed out to me when I was lamenting the no-knit day, you can take a pen on a plane but not knitting sticks - even though a pen could do just as much damage. Hmph!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Think how much you will enjoy knitting when you get to start again. Sorry I haven't emailed. Last week turned out to be quite hectic. If you could email the beanie pattern to me that would be great. Thanks, Jenny.