Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Introducing Nelly (and some baby cardi progress)


A discussion about my knitting really isn't complete without mention of my Nelly, who is my (almost) constant companion at nights, particularly in winter but also in summer (when I really could do without a furry lump on my knees) (don't mind the pjs!) (and yes, my favourite colour really is red!!)

Last night was time for her regular flea/worm treatment (it is liquid that you apply on her back between her shoulders) - anyway, she doesn't like it too much and so she avoided me for the rest of the evening - sitting on the mat near the back door looking at me with a baleful or quite possibly malevolent look in her eyes - if looks could kill I wouldn't be writing this blog today!

I've made some progress on knitting the ribbon edge cardi - I decided to do both sleeves at once, which I've never done before. It is slower than I would like (I do like to feel like I'm finishing things) - but on the flip side, when I'm done, I've got two sleeves done - almost half way through! (well, that's what I tell myself anyway). And I don't have to worry about measuring the sleeves against each other as I'm going. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cardi is looking great. Your baby is sooooo cute he looks very warm :)