Friday, November 17, 2006

More pretties

I think these probably qualify for Eye Candy Friday...


Remember my mum's "fancy work"? Here is the finished product (close-up below), in time for my birthday.

I bought the pillowslips (they are full-sized - folded in half in the first pic above) (with the pattern already traced) from eBay - it was meant to be done in blue shades but of course red suited me better so I bought mum a heap of embroidery thread in various shades of red. She decided to add green as well which I think was a good call.

We have antique wardrobes and dressing table and a faux cast iron bed - I think these will be beautiful on the bed - especially with the red (what else?!) sheets and cream quilt. One of life's simple pleasures I think is getting into a freshly laundered and made bed at the end of the day. Mmmm sleepy now...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful...What a wonderful gift from your mother, you lucky girl!