Thursday, November 23, 2006

Much better, thanks

Remember this? In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all for your advice on this problem - I know I've said it before, but I LOVE the knit-blogging community.

I decided to go with the majority and frog back to the armhole and re-knit the front in the darker shade - I put it off for a while but in the end it only took an evening to re-do (I think I am a very slow knitter!). This pic doesn't show it as well, but the colours line up on both sides now!

I still haven't decided on colour to do the top-stitching over the join - am waiting on the baby to arrive - if a boy I'll probably do navy and if a girl then red (or I just might do red anyway). Or perhaps an olive green might go well with the tones. And with the buttons (I haven't actually sewn them on yet, I might still change my mind on those too). They are a bit blurry in this pic but they are little teddy heads (yes, more teddy heads!). Happy to receive any views on colour for topstitching and button style/colour too!

Hopefully baby will arrive soon - s/he was due a week ago! Poor mother in this heat!

I'll do a proper FO post once I've actually finished it properly!! I think I'm getting my knitting mojo back though - hurrah!

1 comment:

Carson said...

Well look at that! Barely perceptible now.
Why not 'red anyway' for the stitching It's gender-neutral.